Thursday, April 22, 2010

Venting on the Town of Columbia

Would you believe there are others in this area that knew that the Haags were fake last Sept. and did nothing about it? This person went to the Town Office and told them about this, and the town office did not call me on it back in Sept.
I say the blame could be that the Town Office should be ashamed on not contacting me and telling me this and had me get in touch with this person.
If everyone had reported what they had found out to the police we could of had them in jail sooner, instead the Haags were all packed and ready to run again when they were arrested.
The sheriff department just shrugged me off as a disgruntle person, and did not want to get involved. Think about it .....they did not want to get involved....but now it is to do with kidnapping etc. they get the pat on their backs for tracking them down.
I found out today the other church had found out they were fakes and did not call the police, but they are crying now that they were used and had things stolen from them. Go figure,...

The Town of Columbia thoughts are: -I don't want to be involved in this, but will than talk behind your back and say things like - why didn't I know this in the first place.....The people of Columbia know I am the only one that is concern with this church, do they want to help keep it, NO THEY DO NOT! They are so insecure in their life, and keep everything a secret, hide behind others, and look like the goody two shoes that they think they are. So what if your husband or wife is an alcoholic, or a jerk, or a no good for nothing...we all know it anyway,it is a small town and every one knows everyone and besides we are all related. Can't they live their life as an upstanding citizen and stop being such a jerk and make their town a place that people want to come to and live. No these same people want to put down everyone that can think for themselves and tries to make themselves a better person. They want you or rather me to fail, it must give them a high.
Now I am not saying they are all like this, there are a few and I mean a few that are decent people, but you know .. come to think of it, they came to Columbia to live, they had no ties to the town, they wanted to live in a small town and they are trying to make a better life for them and to make the town a better place. Of course I have heard comments from the locals saying these newcomers are trying to take over the town, putting them down before they know who they are and don't even welcome them to the town. Then complain know one wants to do anything. the locals are the ones that need readjustment in their life.

I grew up in Columbia in a large family, my grandmother, mother and I have tried to keep this church going. The society would meet every month to make quilts to sell for the upkeep for this church.They put on suppers, ice cream socials, shooting matches to earn money Do you think these people of my age helped? NO they did not, they wanted to be a member, but did not do anything to help in these projects.
What it amounts to is they are jealous of whatever "I"do and want to make me look awful. Well I will prevail over their simple minds! I will survive this, they won't!

I got a lot of flack when I started the Worcester Reunion up, I organized it,promoted it and took money out of my own pocket to get it going. Did they appreciate it? NO, the only appreciation that I got were from the older folks that came. My Dad was glad that I did this as he got to socialize with other folks that came from Columbia and moved away. It was a social event for the Worcester family of the older generation. The relatives in TOWN thought it was beneath them to come to this. When some came they put down all the work I did in organizing it, and my genealogy was put down as not being right. My own family (siblings) said I was stupid, I had researched a lot of the Worcester family and had a chart made on how everyone was related on the wall. This chart was done by someone out of town and given to me. It was everything that is in the genealogy book that Leonard Tibbetts wrote later and published. But oh I could not be right, I was stupid they knew better. I had a family member call me and told me in no uncertain words not to put down what I had found out about our family, it was history. Yup it is history, who really cares if you have been married more than once it is on paper, filed and anyone can research it.

Enough of my venting.....tonight. Life will move on, and in a week all of this on the Haag's will be old news and something else will take there little minds to talk about and entertain them for another day or so. Something they know more about and do nothing about!
I suppose I should edit this but oh heck I'm venting so why should I?

No comments:

Post a Comment