Sunday, February 21, 2010

Ingersoll Boil Dinner

Ingersoll or New England Boil Dinner---Corned beef, cabbage, carrots, turnip, potatoes, onions, and beets. If you have left overs grind up everything for a Red Flannel Hash meal. So good!!

I think the other Ingersoll-Wass Boil Dinner has cranberry beans in it, as I remember mom making it with whole cranberry beans (or pole beans) in it along with the corn beef and all of the other ingredients.....
I make it sometimes with the added cranberry beans in it as I put up some whole in my jars when I can in the summer. Fresh from my garden.
I love a boil dinner and the red flannel hash afterwards.. I think I just might have to have one soon.
Usually one has to have a canner to make this as with all of the ingredients you just don't have room in a small pot and why not invite someone in to help you eat it!

No comments:

Post a Comment